Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ninth Ward Clean-Up, Work, and The Food

The Sunday Edition of the Lafayette paper carried an article describing how residents of the Ninth Ward are tired of waiting for the gubmint to help them clean up. They have taken it upon themselves to get the job done. Good on them- that way they'll get it done like it SHOULD be done, and won't have to jump through any hoops or cowtow to anybody for help. If you'd like to contribute or participate, contact www.commongroundrelief.org.

My presentation on Denial was enjoyable. I think I need to prepare it for delivery to 1) White House Staff including Skippy 2)Congress 3) Pentagon 4)CIA 5) FBI. Did I leave out anybody?

Y'all know how much I love crawfish. I have made that fact glaringly clear. But I have to say, yesterday I felt the need for a big burger. I went to a place called Ground Pat'i which specializes in burgers. I had a big yummy one with cheese. The Lafayette Police Force was well represented there so I made certain I did nothing untoward. Not that I would.

Edit to Post! How could I forget? Today is the first day of Hurricane Season. The front page of USA Today has a big photo of You guessed it >
Hurricane Katrina! There is no way to get away from that event, not around here anyway.

4 comments:

DivaJood said...

Thank you for the link for the commonground cleanup.

Do you really think that Skippy would pay attention to a presentation on denial? CIA? CONGRESS? FBI? Sue? Hello? I know, irony.

I bet if it had been the Lafayette Fire Brigade you might have been a bit more forward -- DivaJood LOVES firemen. Got one coming to see me in about five minutes for a trip to Australia.

Hurricane season -- and brace us all for another wilde season. God help the Gulf Coast.

Sue said...

jood you are so my friend!

I'll look for Lowcountry Firefighters for you!

Unknown said...

The Shrub wants the folks from the 9th Ward to take a hike..hence no help from them. Bastards..

Sue said...

dusty,

Correct. I think there might be a chance for biggie developers! Ya think!