Monday, November 24, 2008

The Berkshires seem dreamlike on accounta....oops




But they did! I got to play in snow. The KR Retreat was awesome. I made some instant best friends. I learned a lot, and not just about knitting. I learned about life in other places-I love that. And I learned again about the power of human spirit, philosophy, and happiness. What a good time! OH, and I learned how to make cool doo-dads. That sweet Kathryn Alexander is one awesome woman.






On Sunday I left at O-Dark-Thirty to drive across the mountains (slowly-I did not want to run smack into a deer) to catch my plane. I got home just in time to participate in the Lowcountry Women's Book Signing. Authors included Anne Rivers Siddons, Sue Monk Kidd, the great Natalie Dupree. What an honor. Good grief.


And I met my distant relative (we think) Cathy Pickens. That's us at the top. I can't move the picture. I never presented as a skilled techo. She writes great books and her husband is from Enid! No way!
So Sunday was big. My eyeballs were rolling back into my head by suppertime. Too bad Momma Brown's was closed. Some barbeque would have hit the spot.

6 comments:

Adrienne Martini said...

Did Natalie Dupree bring snacks? That would have sent the whole event plum over the top...

Great to meet you this weekend and am really glad you didn't hit any deer.

Sue said...

Thanks Miss A. No Natalie did not bring snacks. However, there WAS a large vat of chocolate fondue.

So glad to have gotten to know you. Let's do it again!

Anonymous said...

Sue Woo--I really enjoyed meeting you and getting the chance to talk "southern". It made my day and I am still a little bothered that the BBQ magazine had nothing to do with meat or sauce of any kind! Talk about false advertising! Great blog you have! Peggy a/k/a KnittingKittens

Sue said...

Thanks Peggy. I enjoyed meeting you too. What fun.

I know! That BBQ magazine got my hopes all up.

Terri H. said...

Hiya Soozie Woozie! So wonderful to meet you this weekend. If you get up near Wash. Hts. (chung-chung) e-mail me at thdx333[ART]gmail[DART]com.xoxoxoxo

Sue said...

Miss Terri! I am watching L&O now. I got a cold, so I didn't go to NC for Thanksgiving. Good thing we had it early, right?

I'll try to get up in the spring. DUN dun.