Friday, March 07, 2008

"Drive, Louise"

My coworkers are so interesting. One is from Idaho, 2 are from California, one is from Minnesota, one from Texas, and the one male, a thirty-something, recently relocated from Chicago to Columbia SC. THERE'S a culture shock, right? When they all heard I live in Charleston the oos and aaahs started up. I shall have lots of company once I get home, which is fine with me. They've all been overseas at least once, so I hope I have that to look forward to. Four of us had debriefing last night at Ruby Tuesdays (I think it passes for fine dining-I'm not yet sure) and it was just what I needed to move from being the outsider to being part of a team. Funny how that works.

We did a briefing yesterday for returning troops. They were tired but very happy. It was a honor to be able to welcome them home.

I can't say enough about the Hampton Inn Spring Lake. The staff is awesome, the rooms are beautiful AND comfortable-quite the combo.

My car has been at the local Volvo dealership since Tuesday and it should be ready today. I'm getting a rental for the duration of my rotation. I'll get my beloved red car real fixed up when I get home for good. I'm going home tonight to see my loved ones and see how my garden grows. Yay.

No comments: