Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Git in the car, Thelma

Today began for me with an uplifting briefing for spouses of returning soldiers presented by the Chaplain. He was really clinically aware and had good information. One of the young women there was married 12 hours before her husband did the surge. That was 15 months ago.

The second big thing of the day was a visit to the FOB-Field Operations Base ( I think. The acronyms abound). There is a simulated Iraqi village out there replete with blown up cars and actual Iraqi and Afghani people being the enemy. Ya gotta love somebody who takes on that job!
I went with my new co-worker, nickname Louise. Since I was passenger I got to be Thelma. We had good laughs-sorry Susan And Gina.

1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I'm sure they don't mind. You are so clever to use Thelma and Louise because I'm sure you have thorough Psychoanalyzed them, too. heehee

Real Iraqis and Afghanis? Kinda scary for them you would think, but then.....

PS. Shhhh! You don't have to ever print my comments dear. I just want to talk to you.