Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"Louise, I think I like it just fine!"

So my first day was full of orientation and paperwork. I went on a tour of the post and met many nice people. So many long leaf pines everywhere, I forgot how much I love them against that blue sky the color of some school whose name I shall not mention, haha!

The car is in the shop. I am driving it home this weekend and renting on to use while I'm here. Maybe I'll get that Brown's Barbeque after all. I have been too busy to search barbeque huts and sushi spots but that will happen all in good time.

A big group (like REALLY big, thousands) are starting to come home this week. I'm still learning the hierarchy and I don't want to call the group the wrong thing. I am so glad to be here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey! You always have a good story to tell! I'm glad you FINALLY made it to your destination. Poor Volvo. I hope she is feeling better.

We survived the rainstorm with minimal damage. Hoping the same for you.

Carolyn

Sue said...

It was noisy in the night down here! But I guess everybody needs the rain.

I'll find out this am about the volvo damge. Good grief. See you soon.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Hey there, Gal. Glad to see that you've met the people and your car got you there even though it was chugging.

Thanks for blogging your new adventure!

vi said...

are these folks staying home or are they shipping out again?

vi