Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Here I am at the Local Agency

It's been so long since I sat at a desk in an agency in a cubicle. Everyone is here is really nice, but I remember why I made the life choice that I did to go into private practice. I hear variations on the Protective Service theme: can't find parent, making poor choices in the face of the court system. Parents jockeying for control in situations where they have no control at all. So sad. I'm doing a staff training on Denial. I'm working on it now. Sorta.

Yesterday I went to Mulates
outside Breaux Bridge.
By the way, that town made me suck in air.
It is SO great.
Anyway, I had crawfish and
more crawfish. It was fabulous, dirty rice, hot garlic sauce and all. I'm going back in the evening when I can do some dancin. It's been a while since I cut a rug and I think it's time. This may just be the spot.

More later I think I hear the boss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh. my. god.

I danced with some Cajun cowboy at Mulate's in 1986 on a cross-country trip. Glad to hear it is still there.

I'm also glad to hear you're not having to hang with Mistah Keith.

Go ahead. Light that candle!

Grins, Vee

DivaJood said...

Mulates may be the antidote to working within the cubicle. What you're doing is good, kind and probably really frustrating. When in doubt, get crawfish, dirty rice and dance.

Love the photo.

Unknown said...

Have fun!

Sue said...

Thanks you all!