Monday, May 15, 2006

Here's the Plan

Here's my plan. I'm leaving for Lafayette, LA early Sunday morning. I am driving this time, therefore I will be able to be Susie Roseseed. I have many Noisette roses in my garden that are the old-timey stick-in-the-ground roses. I am taking cuttings along with canna lilies, mums, asclepias and other seeds that will beautify the roadsides. The hurricanes destroyed many gardens, and they need plants. So I will do my best to make it better.

I will be an actual team member this time, and I'm looking forward to a different experience. I don't know yet what I will actually be doing task-wise, but I am flexible, as we all know. I got a copy of revised Roadfood and a big ole map. I think I'm ready.

Since I'm driving I will be able to take along much knitting paraphernalia without the airline worry. I like to have different books and projects on hand to fit my every mood.

Wish me luck, friends.

4 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Wishing you luck, all of it good! You won't see this in time but it will catch up to you somewhere on the road and it doesn't matter if you see all our wishes. They'll just pile on.. =0)

Sue said...

Thank you zippi!
Ya know I love ya!

DivaJood said...

Hey Susie -- you can bring wooden and plastic knitting needles on an airplane -- just not metal ones.

But driving is better, because of the planting you get to do. Safe trip!

Unknown said...

Luck and lots of love Susie :)