Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Weekend, Breaux Bridge, and Work

Over the weekend I watched CSpan2. There was presentation by phtographers of the Dallas News touting their book, Eyes of the Storm, which was published with all proceeds to go to recovery efforts. Stunning stories and photographs! It's available from the Dallas News for $19.95.

I went to Breaux Bridge yesterday to look around. It is so pretty. I love those little Bayou houses with the french doors. I went to a shop called "Louisiana Purchase" that had beautiful yard art and actually BOUGHT something because I can put it in the car! I got lots of ideas from the shop and made notes. I am ready to go home to my cottage and get with it.I had a French lunch at Jacqueline's Cafe and oo lala. First came half a cantaloupe. It had port wine in the center hole with blueberries floating. Nice and cooling for a hot afternoon. Then came a composed salad of tomato, asparagus, egg on greens. A great shallot-y vinegrette covered it all. Then came Coquilles St. Jacques and I was done for. I had to go back and take a nap.

On Saturday I walked and shopped downtown. I found lots of things to buy but fought the urge. I also went to the knitting store but managed to hold back. Thay have SnB on Thursday and I hope to go this week. I went to the sushi place Tsunami and was very pleased with dinner. I was a little burnt out on gravy dishes and sushi helped me balance. Whew.

On Sunday I went to Abbeville LA, supposedly the Oyster Capital of Acadiana. I didn't get to go to the Oyster places in Roadfood-they were closed. But I did find a place that had a deck over the Bayou Teche (I gravitate towards waterside, even in the heat) and had a nice catfish lunch. I drove down to the Tabasco Plant and bought some stunning chile pepper Mardi Gras beads!

I scheduled a training on denial for Friday, but no one much was here in the office. A three day weekend can bring on some well-desrved flex time. So I'll be denialling tomorrow.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Describe the yard art purchased. Where will it go at the Carolina Cottage? Will you have a cajun-inspired Katrina memorial plot (with plantings in Mardi Gras purple, gold & green)?

Amie said...

If I wasn't sitting in the house naked with three fans and two ice packs on me (honest) and going to the store didn't mean changing the above position, I would so rush to the store RIGHT NOW to get cantelope and port and blueberries.... that sounds SO fantastic....

Thinking of you (and smiling)

Unknown said...

What a fine essay on your weekend.I am jealous of your adventures..I lmao at your last sentence :p

DivaJood said...

Another book to purchase, thanks for the tip. Would love to see photos of Breaux Bridge, too.

Unfortunate name for a sushi restaurant, Tsunami, in the wake of Katrina. I'm just sayin.

And, please forgive me, but denial is not a river in Egypt.

Sue said...

Yard art is a gothic window with wrought iron instread of glass. Perfect for hanging candles or planters. I planned the Katrina/Mardi gras plot and have begun work on it. The goth will be worked in.

Amie! Ha! What a great position to be in! I recommend the melon and port-maybe we can have it at next year's MSW!