Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm here. What a trip!

I am currently at the Lafeyette Library. My room has no computer and the no-tell motel doesn't have one for guests. SO I may not be able to report every day. I'll do what I can.

When I got to the motel I saw that I had no fridge. 2 weeks in a box with no refrigeration? I think not. I got them to give me one.

I left about 5 am Sunday, took the Wiregrass Highway through Georgia. It didn't look all that wiry to me but it's early in the season yet. I have a cute sunroof so I opened up once I got on I-10, immediately closed it again in order not to get BURNT to a crisp. I hung my rearview Elvis in the rental car so it wouldn' look so rental-y. He enjoyed Mississippi.

I stayed in Mobile and left early Monday. I cut down at Gulfport to see what was still there. There's one word: nothing. Nothing at all. People's clothes were still hanging from treetops.

I have many things I want to say about this part but my 30 minutes are up. I'll post photos later on in the week. Wal Mart haters will be please to know I took a picture of the closed Walmart at Pass Christian.

More late, and believe me it's a lot including restaurant reviews and child protective service updates from the Bayou. Bon jour chers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ah cher..you made it!

I had friends in Mobile. I haven't heard from them :(

Take care and be safe

Sue said...

Oui cher I did. Thank you for your support!