Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Elle est arrive

Yall! Bayou dark at night!

Making way seemed to be more difficult than it needed to be. My first flight from Charleston to Atlanta was late-the plane has to come from somewhere snow bound. I guess I thought they had enough that they could use one from somewhere else if one was stuck somewhere but I was incorrect. So we were 30 minutes late leaving after I had bothered to Check for on times and get there 1 hour early.

One of the nice things about Charleston is I always see somebody I know. I ran into a friend in the airport. We boarded the plane. She sat in front of me and went to High School with the guy sitting next to me. I love this place.

SO, anyway, I missed my connection to New Orleans. It was sitting there-I could see it-but it was too late. Not to worry, there was another one in an hour. That gave me time to go to this place called "Sports Scene" for some en route nachos with my new friend Carolyn. This place had sports equipment all over the walls. Right in front of my particular face was a big cup they use in hockey. I am not kidding. I think I'll open a delicious restaurant in the Atlanta airport. I'd make a killing. Something nice and comforting would be worht gold during a hard travel day. Some nice soup and a little cheese sandwich? M-HMM I digress.

So we got on our next flight. I had left home at 9, it's now 3. We're all boarded and we hear "This is you captain speaking" and I knew it was trouble. We had to wait while the mechanics checked it out and *surprise!* We had to debark, they had to find us another plane, we had to board again, and then we came to NO. I was a LITTLE concerned about finding my way in the car after dark. However, my hosts were and are of the Graciousest Class of People, and they helped me via cell phone. Y'all, when I saw my accomodations I nearly cried from happiness. It's an efficiency with a full fridge, stove, computer, tv vcr and laundry facilities. There's a big porch right outside my door perfect for hanging out which I will do. The only thing that made this scene more perfect was the fact that there is a place very nearby that makes po'boys- a big shrimp po'boy and a cup of tea: now I'm ready for whatever is facing me. Oui.

No comments: